Stylecraft yarn & Gypsy queen scarf



Recently, the nice people at Stylecraft asked me if they could send me some of their yarn to try. Of course, I said "yes!" (pretty excited). I told them that I particularly love working with cotton yarn in bright, pastel colors. And they sent me a really beautiful selection of their Classique Cotton DK yarn, which I instantly fell in love with.



(in the picture above are Sky Blue, Sunflower and Soft lime Classique Cotton DK yarn. In the background is a wooden hanger I made for my boy, a few years ago)



They also sent me a new yarn (Malabar) which they will be launching in January. It's a mix of 78% Cotton and 22% Silk, and it's very soft and pleasant to touch. I haven't tried it yet, but I like how it feels and looks. Actually, I like it so much that I'm still searching for a perfect project which will fully express the beauty of this yarn. The other thing is that I'd like to make a scarf with this yarn (because it's soooo soft) but if you have only one skein of 50 g of each color, it's a bit difficult to make a perfect color combination and not to ran out of some color later when you are at the middle of your project (or worse, when you're almost done). Also, I don't want to waste so precious yarn on some small, petty project. I want to make something epic wigh this epic yarn.
(in the picture above: Canton blue, powder blue and white Malabar yarn. In the background: a wooden wall clock I made a few years ago)



What can I tell you about Classique Cotton DK yarn? First, it's a 100 % cotton yarn, which I highly appreciate. Second, it's soft and works up nicely. It doesn't split, which is very important to me. I don't like yarn which splits whilst working with it.



Now, let's talk about colors. I never work with colors I don't like. Or maybe, it's better to say, I always work only with colors I really like. So, yes, I absolutely love their colors, and the colors worked very well together.



I chose to make this colorful scarf, which I named Gypsy queen scarf with Classique Cotton DK yarn. I wanted to make something colorful, rich, happy and little bohemian, so I used this colors:
* Shrimp 3674 * Ivory 3665 * Sunflower 3662 * Sky Blue 3667 * Soft lime 3663 * Shell Pink 3666 *



Just look at this beautiful shade of Sky Blue! I love it!



For this scarf I used my own pattern, which I also used before for my poncho, and for this shawl (which is unfortunately still unfinished). I haven't written it down yet, and I don't know if I would. Maybe at some point I will.



For this scarf I used 4 mm crochet hook.



What else can I tell you? Just that this was a very pleasant experience, and that I really enjoyed using Classique Cotton DK yarn.

I highly recommend this beautiful yarn.



Of course I will post about Malabar yarn as soon as I find and finish a perfect project for that yarn.

P.S. The kind people at Stylecraft didn't pay me to write about their yarn. They only sent me the yarn. All opinions are my own.

Labels: ,